Frankfort Elite Airsoft Regiment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RAID Modified BDU's

5 posters

Go down

RAID Modified BDU's Empty RAID Modified BDU's

Post  youreit Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:37 pm

I just produced my first RAID bdus, theyre in woodland. im going to play with the design a little bit, if anyone is interested in how to build them, theyre VERY simple by design, and add a whole lot of functionality to an older style uniform! (plus its tacti-cool)
RAID Modified BDU's Uh037
RAID Modified BDU's Uh035
RAID Modified BDU's Uh034
RAID Modified BDU's Uh033
youreit
youreit

Back to top Go down

RAID Modified BDU's Empty Re: RAID Modified BDU's

Post  Graymawr Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:37 am

Im actually looking to do this to my Marpat, to add velcro onto it for patches. I would prefer OD velcro but Im interested in knowing how you did that and where to get the velcro.
Graymawr
Graymawr

Back to top Go down

Post  youreit Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:55 pm

It was my understanding that the USMC Pattern MARPAT uniforms already have shoulder pockets? None the less its a farely simple thing to construct!

You remove the bottom pockets of the BDU, Mind you do it carefully otherwise youll ruin the uniform.

After that its just a matter of placing them on the shoulder in a position that is comfortable to you.

You can use fabric glue or sew it, both seem to hold well.

The hook and loop fasteners can be purchased at LOWES the ones i used are "Velcro" brand 4x2 strips. which line up perfectly with the pockets. as far as i am aware its only available in black, but if you searched in a craft store you may have better results. Again, fabric glue or sewing to the pocket.

The big hint to building these is taking your time. If you rush, you're going to get a half assed unprofessional very "Homemade" look to them, and you wouldn't want that, would you?
youreit
youreit

Back to top Go down

Post  youreit Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:23 pm

Also, forgot to note that i neglected to add hook and loop on the pocket flap. I guess i will add pictures to demonstrate. but uh, its the same idea as the rest of it. Glue. sew. Glue. Sew. etc.
youreit
youreit

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:22 pm

Cool. Now just drop the chest pockets and sew on some mag pouches to the chest and some elastic for shot shells and I'll take two !!! =)
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://f-e-a-r.forumotion.com www.Davesairsoft.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Fear 46 Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:44 pm

Now if you could remove the chest pouches and slant them on the shoulders for easier access, reposition the the bottoms to the back put a smaller pocket inside the left back pocket for a ciggerette pack. Reinforce the right back pocket at the bottom with a extra cloth and add another button to secure whats inside. a Retracable lighter leash in right sleeve for concealment. A radio pouch on the inside right chest with small hole for wire. a hydration pouch in the back, oh and a hood hidden in the collar, attach pistol belt loops bout waist height ... i'll come up with more

I shall call it Recon Battle Uniform (RBU) the fact that everything is moved to the back for more comfort when prone, most equipment can be put on your person without the need for vests or rigs concealed lighting tool for smoke and or survival, hood for extra camo or just to keep your head dry

Last edited by Fear 46 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:00 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : came up with more kewl ideas)
Fear 46
Fear 46
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  youreit Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:05 am

I feel like the shirt has kind of. Lost its shirtyness at this point? I think now were looking at a button up chest rig lmao
youreit
youreit

Back to top Go down

Post  Fear 46 Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:39 pm

awesome Ill take one
Fear 46
Fear 46
Admin

Back to top Go down

RAID Modified BDU's Empty BDU's

Post  Fiegelairsoft95 Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:14 pm